Re: Providing better error messages

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Providing better error messages
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004

"Christian Tiberg" <ctibe…@home.se> wrote in message
news:1EF13E998BAFE240ctibe…@home.se...

> When sending mail, the only error message I can get to the client
> is 'Transaction failed', by setting LAction := dTransactionFailed
> in the MsgReceive event of the SMTP server. This seems a little
> meager - isn't it possible to provide more detailed error messages?
> If so, how?

Under Indy 10, right?  If so, then no, there is not.  The reply is
hard-coded.

Well, I suppose you could throw an Exception, but I would not recommend that
since it won't allow the Context to finish configuring itself afterwards.

The alternative would be to re-write TIDSMTPServer to add a new property
that allows you to specify the response instead of using the hard-coded one.