Re: TIdMessage Timestamp

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TIdMessage Timestamp
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005

"Steve Caupp" <scau…@mfm.com> wrote in message
news:nou1nw8xvjjs.16meaaosxy27i$.d…@40tude.net...

> E-mail messages all arrive time stamped with UTC time.

As well they should be.  That is how email works.

> I've tried changing both IdMessage.Date and IdMessage.Headers thus:

Why don't you want them using UTC timestamps?  They are supposed to.

>        msg.Headers.Values['Date'] := DateTimeToStr(dtNow);

DateTimeToStr() does not format the TDateTime value in a format that is
suitable for Internet usage.

> but all e-mail messages continue to arrive with a UTC timestamp.

As well they should.  When you call Send(), your custom 'Date' header is
getting overwritten by TIdMessage.  You cannot change the headers that
TIdMessage generates from its own properties.  Not unless you re-write and
re-compile TIdMessage to return different header vales then it normally
does.