Re: TIdAttachment

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TIdAttachment
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005

"roladdon" <roladd…@PutMyServerHere.ca> wrote in message
news:1BCD698793BBE240roladd…@PutMyServerHere.ca...

> 4) TIdAttachment: application/vnd.ms-excel - quoted-printable

You did not saw which version of Indy you are using.

If you are using Indy 9, then you cannot use mixed encodings for
attachments.  It is not supported.  You can only use one encoding for all
attachments in a message.  The encoding is specified by the
TIdMessageParts.AttachmentEncoding property.  'quoted-printable' is not a
supported attachment encoding, though.  'MIME' and 'UUE' are the only
supported attachment encodings.  'MIME' always uses base64.

If you are using Indy 10, then it is a little better at respecting the
ContentTrasfer of TIdAttachment (but not as well as it should).
Quoted-printable is supported for individual attachments, though.

> even if I specify ContentTransfer =  "quoted-printable"

If you are using Indy 9 then you should not do that.  You will only confuse
the receiver of the message.

> Any idea how I can get the 2nd attachement encoded as
> quoted-printable (that's to reduce the e-mail size)

If you are using Indy 9, then you will have to put the data into a TIdText
instead of a TIdAttachment.