Re: SASL and Visual Studio

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: SASL and Visual Studio
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005

"Richard Bourque" <richard.bourque@_NO_SPAM_computerlogix.net> wrote in
message news:3C10CF36B5BFE240richard.bourque@_NO_SPAM_computerlogix.net...

> How can I use Indy.Sockets.SMTPAuthenticationType.atSASL?
> I have downloaded libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll but haven't a clue
> how to get INDY 10 to use it.

SSL is not used with SASL.  They are two different things.  SSL establishes
an encrypted socket connection.  SASL, on the other hand, encrypts data (in
this case, the username/password for the AUTH command) that is sent over an
established connection.  SASL does not encrypt the connection itself.

Indy 10 has an Indy.Sockets.SSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL class that you can
attach to the IOHandler property of a connection in order to enable SSL
encryption of the connnection.