Re: Strange bug in TIdMessage.From.Text

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Strange bug in TIdMessage.From.Text
Posted by:  Dan Bassett (dbassett@bns.com.nospam)
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005

Just upgraded to 10.0.52 and same problem!  This is really weird.  For
example, in a loop, say 50 times or so, if TIdMessage.From.Text =
aaaaaaaa…@aa.com, it will get stuck in the loop early on and go really slow
and then stop.  However, if I add or subtract an "a" from the email address,
it works fine.  Why would this be happening?  Again, it's not the email
server rejecting this because both email addresses are invalid and it works
in Delphi 6 with Indy 9.  I have supplied both sample working and non
working code below:

I have attached a sample D2005 Win32 project to illustrate this very strange
problem.  I would greatly appreciate it if someone could let me know what's
going on and how to fix it.  I can't realize software that won't work with
an email address that happens to be 17 characters long.