And Remy's Reply

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: And Remy's Reply
Posted by:  Robert Tulloch (tulta…@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005

"Robert Tulloch" <tulta…@attglobal.net> wrote in message
news:B132A466DCC4E240tulta…@attglobal.net...

>> I am attempting to connect with no internet
>> connection and getting this excpetion.

There is no way for that exception to occur when establishing a connection.
The only way you could be getting that is if you are ignoring errors being
reported by Connect() and are still accessing the socket afterwards
regardless of whether the Connect() succeeded or failed.  Since you are not
actually doing that, there is no way for that exception to occur.  You
should be getting either an EIdConnectException, EIdSocketError, or
EIdConnectTimeout when Connect() fails.