Re: Send mail immediately

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Send mail immediately
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005

"Ste" <…@no.com> wrote in message news:7030FCC767C9E240…@no.com...

> I've observerd that the mail is really sent not at the end of the
> "Send" method, but when SMTP client disconnect, through
> "Disconnect" method.

As it should be.  That is how the SMTP protocol works.  It is a
transactional protocol.  When sending messages to the server, they are
queued by the server, and not transmitted by the server until the connection
with the client is closed.

> Is there any way to avoid this, and send really the e-mail
> at the end of "Send" method

That is not how the SMTP protocol works to begin with.  There is nothing
Indy can do about that.

> or flush the unsent mails...without disconnecting

Nope.  The SMTP protocol has nothing available that would do that.