Re: I need to be able to verify that each email address is a valid one

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: I need to be able to verify that each email address is a valid one
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005

"Raul Da Silva" <raul…@megafreight.co.za> wrote in message
news:A521A96864D1E240raul…@megafreight.co.za...

> The TmtSMTP is my own component which is basiaclly TidSMTP
> in a nutsheel just with slight changes.

What change?  What is wrong with using TIdSMTP as-is?

> I need to Authenticate every email address in my Recipients property.

There isn't any way to do that.

> The problem is that if one of the email address is invalid then none
> of the Recipients get the email.

Which version of Indy are you actually using?  TIdSMTP in Indy 10 has an
OnFailedRecipient event, which has a VContinue parameter to allow the
message to continue being sent if not all of the recipients are rejected.