Re: How to load attachment from TStream,

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How to load attachment from TStream,
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005

"Grant Brown" <gra…@sitedoc.com.au> wrote in message
news:EB97FF619FD6E240gra…@sitedoc.com.au...

> Using D5

I am assuming that you are also using Indy 9, is that correct?

> What I need to be able to do is load the attachment from a stream

If you are indeed using Indy 9, then there is no way to do that.  You will
have to upgrade to Indy 10.  Even then, however, Indy 10 does not have any
ready-made mechanisms for loading a TIdAttachment from an existing stream.
There is a TIdAttachmentMemory class available, but you would have to copy
your TStream contents over to it.  If you want to use your existing TStream,
then you will have to write your own custom TIdAttachment-derived class to
handle that.