Re: What is the Parent Part value

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: What is the Parent Part value
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005

"Grant Brown" <gra…@sitedoc.com.au> wrote in message
news:C57D0C35BAD6E240gra…@sitedoc.com.au...

> When I create an attachment to a message that is sent via
> TIdSMTP what does the ParentPart value do and what
> value does one set it to

It is the index of the TIdMessagePart that the attachment should be nested
underneath when encoding the data for transmission.

> And do I use a different Parent Part value for each attachment
> and also the body text section of my message.

That entirely depends on what kind of message layout you are trying to make
in the first place.  Please see the following message for more details:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock/msg/3422beeff6eae802?hl=en&