Re: Sending emails

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Sending emails
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005

"Thomas Almqvist" <thomas_almqvi…@home.se> wrote in message
news:BAC42F20D4D6E240thomas_almqvi…@home.se...

> Can anyone tell me how to send emails(with attachments) as fast as
possible
> using TIdSMTP.

The speed in which a message is sent is in proportion to the speed of the
socket, and hense the speed of your Internet connection.  Also, the speed of
the email server is a factor as well, since TIdSMTP has to wait for the
server to send a reply to a command before sending another command.

> I have a pause between each email, which makes the sending pretty
> slow. Is it the smtp server limitation(I'm using the ISP smtp server)
> dependent?

Yes, it is dependant on the particular server.

> As I can understand, the smtp server queus all mails and really send
> them when Disconnect is called.

That is correct.

> Should I send a bunch, say 10-20 at a time, then Disconnect, pause
> and then send another 10-20?

Again, that is dependant on the particular server.