Re: Getting emails that have smtp source as the body of the email

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Getting emails that have smtp source as the body of the email
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005

"orlando" <seasidebru…@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:23E90F6477DAE240seasidebru…@hotmail.com...

> A customer is sending out an email and what I get on my outlook
> express is not the formatted email but the actual smtp source as
> the body of the email.

The message is not formatted properly.

> Everything after and including the line that starts with:
> RCPT TO:<XX…@hotmail.com>
> is what I see in the body of the email

As well it should be, because there is a blank line before the RCTP TO.  The
first blank line in an email message separates the headers from the rest of
the content.  All email readers process message headers only up to the first
blank line, as per established email standards.

> instead of it's decoded and formatted version.
>
> It's the actual smtp source instead.

Unless the customer is actually typing SMTP commands into the message that
he/she is sending, then there should be no SMTP commands included in the
message data at all.  If they are, then there is a major bug somewhere.

How EXACTLY is the customer sending the message to begin with?

> Here is what is sent to the smtp server minus sensitive info

That message data is completely messed up.  SMTP commands SHOULD NOT be
getting included embedded inside the message data.