Re: Sending HTML message from Kylix - CR LF problem

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Sending HTML message from Kylix - CR LF problem
Posted by:  Ciaran Costelloe (ccostell…@flogas.ie)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005

Jacco Spelt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get my app working. I have an application sending
> multipart emails. It consists of a plainttext, html part and possibly
> an attachment.  I'm using Kylix 3 and Indy 10. When I try to send the
> message I get an error. The server is a qmail server. The error is
> created by the mailserver and send via the response, it indicates
> that the mail is sent with bare LF instead of CR LF's.

Add a msg.SaveToFile() just before you send it and examine the message
in a hex editor.  You may need to specifically add CR LFs (or at least
CRs before the LFs that Kylix will add) because SMTP requires CR LFs.
Particularly watch the html text: Unix html often just has LFs, so the
html is just a single SMTP line, exceeding SMTP line-length
recommendations, which qmail is correct to reject.

Ciaran