Re: Some things that have to be done with SMTP

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Some things that have to be done with SMTP
Posted by:  Stephan Eggermont (steph…@stack.nl)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005

Francisco Reis <francis…@wapicode.com> wrote:
> I lost many days of work also because of that problem (and many many emails
> from clients also got lost)
> because even today that problem was not fixed in the Snapshot. May I also
> ask: why isn't it fixed?

Because basically, the development effort is focused wrong.
The main developer started working for Microsoft, and has
put his limited available hours in moving Indy to .net.
Because of the commercial documentation, there is insufficient
demo and testing code available. Supercore seems to be going
nowhere, and without it there is no reason to go from 9 to 10.
The seriousness of the bugs fixed in the snapshot warrants
saying on the website: deinstall the indy you got with delphi
and install the snapshot, but that seems incompatible with
the commercial aspirations.

Stephan Eggermont