Re: Problem with SMTP component

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Problem with SMTP component
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005

"Gregoire Diehl" <gregoire.die…@meinberg.de> wrote in message
news:BFD4CF2388DEE240gregoire.die…@meinberg.de...

> Form1->idSMTP1->Password = "test";

The only way that code can throw an AV is if either the Form1 or idSMTP1
pointer is invalid in the first place.  Where and when exactly are you
calling that code from?  I would suspect first that the Form1 pointer has
not been assigned yet when you are dereferencing it.

> I have updated my indy components to version 9.00.17

That is not the latest build.  The current snapshot build is 9.0.50.

> Run the FullC6.bat, remove the old components and install the
> new bpl file from the C6 folder.

That is not enough to install Indy 9 properly.  BCB6 ships with Indy 8,
which you must fully delete from your machine BEFORE running FULLC6.BAT.
Please read the install instructions in Indy's Knowledge Base
http://www.indyproject.org/KB/).