Re: Re-transmited messages (IdSMTP) arrive only once to destination

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Re-transmited messages (IdSMTP) arrive only once to destination
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005

"Mike_" <_@_._> wrote in message news:FEA21880B6DEE240_@_._...

> Anyhow the message reached the mailbox once. After that,
> even though I've sent it repeatedly it never arrived to the
> destination. Could be a problem of the server, who knows?

Yes, it would likely be a server problem.  Worse, the server is obviously
not reporting any delivery problems otherwise you would be seeing them.  It
sounds like the server is accepting the message data and then throwing it
away without saving it.

> I don't have any idea on how to track this down.

The only way to verify whether it is a server problem or not is to use a
packet sniffer to look at the raw SMTP traffic to make sure that the message
is actually being transmitted multiple times to begin with, and that the
server is actually reporting responses to the messages.

> Could be a problem of session still open?

Only if the server is buggy in that regard.  Multiple messages should be
able to be sent in a single session without problem if the server is
operating correctly.