RE:Swedish letters

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE:Swedish letters
Posted by:  Joooe (dzso…@gmail.com)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005

> Hi!
>
> I want to create and send an email in text/html-format that contains Swedish
> letters, such as å, ä, ö, Å, Ä, Ö. I am using Visual Studio, C# and the indy
> SMTP class.
>
> I have tried to set the CharSet to iso-8859-1 and utf-8. However, the email
> received contains "?" instead of the Swedish letters.
>
> Anyone who have a solution to this problem?
>
> Pär

Hi!

I have the same problem with hungarian letters and i saw people here complaining about german letters.
I still didn't find the solution.
Maybe .NET build os Indy does only support ascii chars?
I compiled the MailClient demo (delphi) and it retrieved the messages correctly, but doing exactly the same in  managed C++ (visusal studio .net) didn't and non-english characters didn't show correctly.
The code in delphi works correctly, the code doing the same in C++ works for ascii only.