Re: How to protect my e-mail password?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How to protect my e-mail password?
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005

"Edward" <eduglobo20…@globo.com> wrote in message
news:F68EB7EBF7E3E240eduglobo20…@globo.com...

>    What can i do to protect my password ?

Make the users use their own email servers instead of yours.  Why are you
using your own server?

Otherwise, your will have to use an encrypted password and/or encrypted
connection.  Upgrade to Indy 10 (if you haven't already) which supports
encrypted passwords and SSL connections for SMTP.  Your SMTP server has to
support the encryption and SSL as well, of course.  Attach a
TIdSSLIOHandlerSocket to the TIdSMTP, set the AuthType property to atSASL,
set the UseTLS property to utUseExplicitTLS, and configure the
SASLMechanisms collection with whatever encryption algorithms you want to
support.  When

Otherwise, don't use email to register your program.