Re: tidSmtp feature request

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: tidSmtp feature request
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006

"arthur hoornweg" <antispam.hoornweg@casema.nl.net> wrote in message
news:E00C7461C2E9E240antispam.hoornweg@casema.nl.net...

> I humbly request that the protected methods "SendNoPipelining"
> and "SendPipeLining" get an additional parameter to pass the sender
> of the e-mail.

Why?  That is obtained from the TIdMessage that is already being passed to
those messages.

> I need to be able to specify sender and recipients independently
> of the "From:" and "To:" fields of the original mail.

Why?  What EXACTLY are you trying to accomplish?  Please provide an example.
Have you looked at the CcList and BccList properties of TIdMessage yet?

> My mailserver has to do a special kind of CC where a copy of an
> incoming e-mail must be sent over the internet in case a colleague
> is on holiday.

What does that have to do with anything?  What the server decides to do
behind the scenes is not reflected in the SMTP commands that TIdSMTP is
required to send to the server.

> Our internet provider's SMTP server rejects all mail that doesn't
> come from our domain, so the original mail's "From:" field can't be
> used as the sender.

Why not?  Please provide more details.  What EXACTLY are you having a
problem with?