Re: smtp and junk

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: smtp and junk
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006

"ebz" <copt…@forecast1.com> wrote in message
news:F0237D7DD2E9E240copt…@forecast1.com...

> I am trying to send a message that ends up in an inbox.
> Indy works fine for yahoo and aol, but gets junked in
> hotmail and gmail.

If by "junked", you mean that Indy-generated messages are being reported as
spam, then that is not Indy's fault.  A lot of spammers like to use Indy,
and as such a lot of services have blacklisted Indy messages as always being
spam even when they really aren't.

Which version of Indy are you using?  The Indy developers have put a lot of
effort into combatting this blacklisting, and newer versions pass through
more spam filters now.  Perhaps you are using an older version.