Re: DateTime on messages

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: DateTime on messages
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006

"Kevin Morwood" <k…@morwood.ca> wrote in message
news:F770F02752F7E240k…@morwood.ca...

> I recently upgraded to BDS2006...which included Indy 10.1.5.

BDS does not ship with the latest Indy 10 build.  You need to update to the
latest snapshot from Indy's website.

> Now, whenever the application sends a message it has to the wrong date on
it.

The current snapshot already has some fixes for the UTC offset.

> The date is always -0400 from the correct time.  That almost
> makes sense since my timezone -0400 from UTC.

Ok, so what is the actual problem?  It sounds like it is doing what it is
supposed to be doing.

> It is acting as though I am sending the message encoded as UTC
> and then taking off 4 hours.

Indy always uses UTC timestamps for outgoing messages.

> The reality is...I'm not doing anything regarding datetime.

If you don't provide your own DateTime value, TIdMessage uses the value
returned by Now().

> It always just worked so I never tinkered with it.

Indy 10 encodes outgoing timestamps the exact same way that Indy 9 did.