Re: Logging only errors

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Logging only errors
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006

"Feijó" <fei…@x.suply.com> wrote in message
news:16B8D9E659FAE240fei…@x.suply.com...

> I need to log only error msgs, not everything.
>
> i.e., if an email is sent successfuly, do not log.

No exception is thrown if the send succeeds.

> If any problem happens, log every usual line of that
> msgs that wasnt sent

An exception is thrown if something goes wrong.  There is no way to know
which portions of the message were sent to the server and which ones
weren't, though.  If the send fails, however, the server will not deliver a
partial message to the recipients.  The delivery will be aborted.