Re: tidsmtp keeps throwing error 10053

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: tidsmtp keeps throwing error 10053
Posted by:  arthur hoornweg (antispam.hoornweg@casema.nl.net)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006

arthur hoornweg wrote:

> hello all,
>
> since a few days I have massive problems sending mail with Indy.
> I keep getting socket error 10053 haphazardly (Windows 2000, SP2).
> Any idea what might cause this?

Note:

I use today's Indy 10 snapshot.

The error *only* occurs on certain mails (consistently at that!) that
contain  attachments of  type "Autocad dxf" that are encoded as
quoted-printable.

The tidmessage loads the file with properties "noencode" and
"nodecode" set to true before I send it through a tidSMTP, so
AFAIK the file should be completely unmodified before being sent.

If I re-name the file to *.EML and send it using Outlook Express
there is no problem at all.

I am at a loss. What can I do?

--
Arthur Hoornweg

(In order to reply per e-mail, please just remove the ".net"
  from my e-mail address. Leave the rest of the address intact
  including the "antispam" part. I had to take this measure to
  counteract unsollicited mail.)