Re: Localisation issues in Lazarus/FPC indy port

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Localisation issues in Lazarus/FPC indy port
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006

"hovercraft" <…@csk.ru> wrote in message news:07F77A882DFEE240…@csk.ru...

> So the "From" field is unreadable due to incorrect code page ISO-8859-1.
> I expect to see there the value, I've set in idMessage.CharSet.

You assume incorrectly.  The CharSet property has nothing to do with the
headers.  The CharSet of the headers is based on the locale of the machine
that is sending the message.  'ISO-8859-1' is the default for most systems.
You can use TIdMessage's OnInitializeISO event to override that on a
per-message basis, though.

> What does this "{do not localize}" mean?

It is a special comment that tells automated localization programs to not
translate the string literals on the line of code that contains the comment.
Most of the string literals that Indy uses must not be translated, or they
would break the protocols that Indy implements.  Any strings that Indy
allows to be localized are stored as resource strings instead of literals.

> Imagine for example, we want to send message to person, whose language is
> different from our machine's locale settings.

Then you need to use the TIdMessage.OnInitializeISO event to control that.