Re: forwarded email message gets some headers inserted into body

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: forwarded email message gets some headers inserted into body
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006

"Michael Johnson" <architeuthis6…@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:90947D969A02E340architeuthis6…@yahoo.com...

> --tq7hGk0mVfGqiBE1a6g7q17L=_SxTGw7QJ
>
> Content-Disposition=inline            <--- weird stuff
> Content-Length=521
> Content-Transfer-Encoding=binary
> Content-Type=text/plain

Your message is malformed.  You cannot have a blank line in between header
values, as the blank line is what separates the headers from the body.

Please show your actual code.

> Does anyone have any clue what might be causing this?

Not without seeing what you are actually doing.

> I hesitate to post source code because it's bulky

Please trim out all irrelevant code, showing only the bare minimum that is
needed to reproduce the problem.

> I have carefully checked and the message part text does
> not seem to contain this stuff

What EXACTLY are you looking at to verify that?

> it seems to somehow get added by the SMTP Send function.

Indy does not insert blank lines between headers.  It is more likely that
you are simply altering the message incorrectly.