Re: TIdSMTP EIdSMTPReplyError / Numericode 503

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TIdSMTP EIdSMTPReplyError / Numericode 503
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006

"Patrick Gentemann" <pgentema…@futuretelecom.com> wrote in message
news:58DD11885409E340pgentema…@futuretelecom.com...

> I get an EIdSMTPReplyError with a Numericode 503 and a blank message.

At which point exactly?  What does the EIdSMTPReplyError actually say?
Please be more specific.

> The username and password are fine (I also checked using Outlook Express).

But, are you using an authentication scheme that the server actually
supports?  Just setting the Username and Password properties is not a
guarantee that you will actually be logged in.  How are you configuring the
TIdSMTP before sending the message?