Re: socket error 11001

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: socket error 11001
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006

"zulu" <zulu991…@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:0D6BDB9E9709E340zulu991…@yahoo.com...

> My application (using indy9) has been working fine for the last
> year or so and now started failing with
>
> Send mail Exception: Socket Error # 11001

From the WinSock documentation:

    WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND (11001)

    Host not found.

    No such host is known. The name is not an official hostname or alias, or
it cannot be found in the database(s) being queried. This error may also be
returned for protocol and service queries, and means the specified name
could not be found in the relevant database.

In other words, double-check the value you are using for the Host property.
It is not a valid name anymore.