Re: INDY SMTP

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: INDY SMTP
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006

"Pereberni" <cnssto…@dial.oleane.com> wrote in message
news:E4513E84540AE340cnssto…@dial.oleane.com...

> my server of mail does not accept a message larger than 2Mo.

The MIME specification outlines a "message/partial" content type for exactly
this purpose.

> How to split my message with component INDY smtp

If you are using Indy 10, then you can populate a TIdMessage with your
intended data, then save it to a memory block or file (such as via a
TMemoryStream or TFileStream).  Then split that new data as needed, sending
each portion as its own separate message with its "Content-Type" header set
to the appropriate "message/partial" values so that the reciever can
reconstruct the original message correctly when all of the mesage portions
have arrived.

Refer to Section 5.2.2 ("Partial Subtype") of RFC 2046
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2046.txt) for more details.