Re: False Virus Positives Sending from SMTP Component

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: False Virus Positives Sending from SMTP Component
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006

"Richard Morey" <webmast…@duneresorts.com> wrote in message
news:C847DA675B0DE340webmast…@duneresorts.com...

> I am working on an application to send e-mal and so I am sending test
> e-mails to myself. Our mail server is IpSwitch IMail 2006. When I send
> e-mails from the Indy SMTP component our mail server flags the e-mail
> as having a virus.

Which version of Indy are you using?  Are you sure that the message is being
flagged as a virus and not simply as spam?  A lot of spam filters flag Indy
messages immediately simply because they come from Indy, because a lot of
spammers used Indy in the past.  The Indy developers have put a lot of work
into making Indy more friendly to spam filters.