Re: MailFrom with authentication problem (451 @ outside address)

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: MailFrom with authentication problem (451 @ outside address)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006

"Tim Parker-Nance" <tim_…@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:288436F8F111E340tim_…@hotmail.com...

> We are using the latest snapshot from Indy 10 on Delphi 2005. We have
> had to enable authentication, even though we just pass everyone through,
> because of an anomoly with Pocket Outlook on iMates. However servers
> that send through authentication info on the the mail from: cause Indy to
fall
> over with an 451 @ outside address error. Here is a trace:

Indy does not currently support authentication (or any other parameters
beyond the email address) in the MAIL FROM command.  Authentication has to
be performed before sending the message, not during it.

One solution I can see is to change this line:

    EMailAddress.Text := Sys.Trim(Copy(ASender.UnparsedParams, 6, MaxInt));

To this instead:

    var
        //...
        S: String

    S := Sys.TrimLeft(Copy(ASender.UnparsedParams, 5, MaxInt));
    EMailAddress.Text := Fetch(S);