Re: SMTPRelay & .NET

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: SMTPRelay & .NET
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006

"Guldil" <guldilwanadoofr> wrote in message

> When i execute this, i get an error:
> EIDHostRequired on the oSmtpRelay.Connected() method...

That is because you did not set the Host property before calling Connect().
In fact, DO NOT call Connect() at all!  Only call Send(), which will then
call Connect() internally as needed for each recipient.  That is the whole
point of SMTPRelay - to take a message as input and figure out where it
needs to be sent on a per-recipient basis.

> I tried differents DNS server, always the same error.

That is because you are using the SMTPRelay wrong to begin with.  The
DNSServer is used to determine each recipient domain's MX servers, to which
the message is then sent.  But you are not even getting that far yet.