Re: TIDMessage CharSet property bug?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TIDMessage CharSet property bug?
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006

"Joe Smith" <sdigjsdkjkgsdkjkj…@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:380417E26E14E340sdigjsdkjkgsdkjkj…@hotmail.com...

> I've noticed this in Indy 8 and now in Indy 9.0.18 as well:

That is an old version.  The current development snapshot of Indy 9 is
9.0.50.  Try upgrading and see if the problem continues.

> The first time you send a message the character set is set up properly
> in the headers. Every next time the character set in the header gets
another
> line.

Please elaborate more.  Where are the lines appearing exactly?  The current
Charset is written to the socket only once.

> For example if I would use the same TIdMessage 10 times it
> would have 9 extra lines it (something sets them up).

Are you calling Clear() on the TIdMessage each time you set up a new
message?  Clear() is not called automatically.  You have to do it yourself.