Re: Problem with automatic encoding when using IdSmtp and IdMessage to send emai

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Problem with automatic encoding when using IdSmtp and IdMessage to send emai
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007

"Henrik" <forum0701…@idekonsult.se> wrote in message
news:8B106C193718E340forum0701…@idekonsult.se...

> When sending email from our application with Indy the email is
> often seen as spam at the recipient.

Then you are probably doing something wrong with it.

> When they are using SpamAssassin the email gets "high
> score" because of two things regarding the subject encoding:
>
> BAD_ENC_HEADER and SUBJECT_ENCODED_TWICE.

Spammers love to use Indy.  The Indy team has put a LOT of effort into
making Indy compatible with SpamAssasin.

> Is there something I can do about the subject encoding so that the
email is
> not regarded as spam when containing encoded swedish characters?

Please show the actual message data that is being rejected.

> I don't know if this hels anything but here is an example of the
standard
> encrypted subject.
>
> Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C4mnar?= prova med alla svenska tecken
>  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?s=E5 f=E5r?= vi se om det =?ISO-8859-1?Q?h=E4r
g=E5r?= att
>  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?l=E4sa =F6verhuvudtaget...?=

I see nothing wrong with that data.  That appears to be perfectly
legitimate encoding.  Th RFCs do allow multiple encodings within a
single header item, and Indy supports that.