Re: Sending Rich Text via email using the SMTP client

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Sending Rich Text via email using the SMTP client
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007

"Ian Munro" <i…@gtl.biz> wrote in message
news:D3D80F2FAE36E340i…@gtl.biz...

>    I need to send Rich Text via email using the SMTP client.

Have a look at the following article:

    HTML Messages
  http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Blogs/RLebeau/2005_08_17_A.EN.aspx

You can substitude "RTF" for "HTML" and get the same effect.

> Do I need to convert this into html before I add it to TIdMessage control
?

Not technically, no.  As long as you can get the RTF codes out of the
TRichEdit (set the PlainText property to False when calling
SaveToStream/File()), then you can put it into TIdMessage just fine.
However, you should convert to HTML, as it is more widely supported then
RTF.  But it is not a requirement if you want to stick with RTF.