Re: Sending email through gmail smtp server

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Sending email through gmail smtp server
Posted by:  Christian Danner (-…@---.---)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008

Clément Doss wrote:

>I am using indy 10 2.1.3 and Delphi 7.
>
>Is there a sample, code snippet or step-by-step instructions showing how can send
>email using gmail smtp server?

Hi Clément,

if you experience a Gmail specific problem with the SMTP server
prematurely closing the connection after finishing the data
transmission my findings published in

http://groups.google.de/group/alt.privacy.anon-server/msg/dc75949102e588a2

about a year ago may apply.

Back then some Google Mail servers disconnected directly after
receiving the 'QUIT' command without sending a reply, which
undoubtedly is in violation of RFC 2821 and makes Indy regard the
transmission as being aborted. But I've no idea whether that unusual
behaviour continues.

Kind regards

Christian Danner @ ImhoTec

--