Re: Problem with SMTPServer and HTML-Mails

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Problem with SMTPServer and HTML-Mails
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008

"Master Surfer" <mastersurfer…@web.de> wrote in message
news:148C98861362E340mastersurfer…@web.de...

> I use the current Indy DevSnapshot.

I assume you are referring to Indy 10?

> if the html-text contains a CRLF + "." + CRLF the html content is
> cut at this position, but the mail is accepted correctly.  this string is
> normally the signal for a mailserver that the transfer is completed by
> the client.

Assuming you are using Indy 10, then TIdSMTPServer does not provide a
TIdMessage, so you must be loading the raw data into TIdMessage manually,
correct?  If so, then I assume you are using one of the
TIdMessage.LoadFrom...() methods, right?  The raw email data that
TIdSMTPServer provides is *NOT* in a format that TIdMessage.LoadFrom...()
handles correctly, as it requires the original escaped data (where leading
'.' characters are doubled), not the data that TIdSMTPServer decoded.

--
Remy Lebeau