Re: Problem with IdSMTPServer when going from Indy9 to Indy10

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Problem with IdSMTPServer when going from Indy9 to Indy10
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009

"Fredrik Sandedal" <fredr…@not-a-valid-email.se> wrote in message
news:BACFF0497572E340fredr…@not-a-valid-email.se...

> What are the corresponding way to setup the IdSMTPServer
> in Indy10 if I used these properties in Indy9.

There isn't any.  In Indy 9, TIdSMTPServer pre-parses the data, which has
the potential for losing data since Indy parses and regenerates the data as
it sees fit, rather than preserving the original data.  In Indy 10,
TIdSMTPServer has been changed to give you the raw data as-is without any
processing on it at all.  You are now responsible for parsing the data
manually if you need to extract information from it, or you can simply
forward it to the recipient(s) as-is (which is what SMTP servers are
supposed to do anyway).

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)