Re: IdSMTPServer cannot receive e-mail from Exchange server

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: IdSMTPServer cannot receive e-mail from Exchange server
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009

"Fredrik Sandedal" <fredr…@not-a-valid-email.se> wrote in message
news:AF1614157378E340fredr…@not-a-valid-email.se...

> I have created a application using the TIdSMTPServer component.

You did not say which version of Indy you are using, but you mention the
OnMsgReceive event, so you must be using Indy 10.  Which build specifically?

> I fail to receive e-mails that are sent through an Exchange server.
> (MS Exchange says "The connection was dropped by the remote host...").

Microsoft is notorious for not conforming to RFC standards.
Outlook/Exchange in particular has some pretty nasty bugs in it in regards
to how it manages its socket connections.  Try putting calls to Sleep() in
your server's event handlers.  That usually helps Outlook/Exchange behave
better.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)