Re: How detect invalid adress when EIdProtocolreplayerror is raised

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How detect invalid adress when EIdProtocolreplayerror is raised
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009

"Angdrak" <angdr…@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:DCF9575CF77AE340angdr…@gmail.com...

> I use the BCC list to send a message, and in some cases get an
> EidProtocolreplayerror that inform that some adresses are invalid.
> While I log on a database the results of mail send, I need to detect
> wath adresses are invalid. Is this possible and how?

Indy 9 does not natively support what you are asking for.  Unless the server
includes the failed email address as part of its reply text, or if you use
an Intercept component to manually parse the RCPT TO commands that TIdSMTP
is sending to the server, then you are out of luck.  You would have to
upgrade to Indy 10, which adds a new OnFailedRecipient event to TIdSMTP for
providing the actual email addresses that fail.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)