Re: SPAM mail problem

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: SPAM mail problem
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau \(Indy Team\) (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010

"Walters" <amit_walt…@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
news:5C72DCF1B2B6E340amit_walt…@yahoo.co.in...

> We tested with CCMail programme when it sends mail it goes to
> inbox of same mail account of yahoo and when we send with our
> programme using IdSMTPRelay it goes to SPAM folder of same
> mail account of yahoo way.

Did you compare the two messages at the yahoo end to see what is different
about them from Yahoo's perspective?

> so for testing We sand mail from our programme and CCMail
> programme to our own SMTP server and saved the message

That is not going to tell you why Yahoo thinks your messages are spam when
CCMail's are not.

> Our programme message received by our SMTP server
<snip>
> CCMail message received by our SMTP server

The main differences between the two are:

- The Received header from your program is missing a HELO value in it.

- The Content-Type header from your program is missing a charset attribute
(but that is ok).

- Your program is sending "Sender" and "X-Antivirus" headers, whereas CCMail
is not.

- The In-Reply-To header from your program has an email address instead of a
message ID.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)