Re: Problem with French and Spanish Characters with TIdMessage

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Problem with French and Spanish Characters with TIdMessage
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau \(Indy Team\) (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011

"Louis Valmeras" <valmlou…@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1304677199DFE340valmlou…@hotmail.com...

> When the message is in english there is not problem. But with messages
> with French
> or Spanish characters, the message is delivered like below:

That is because you are not specifying any charset for the text, so Indy
ends up using ASCII as a default.  You need to set the TIdMessage.CharSet
and/or TIdText.CharSet property.  Since you are using XE, I suggest using
"utf-8" as the charset (which matches the charset of the HTML you are trying
to send), eg:

TexteHTML = new TIdText(AlertEmail->MessageParts, TexteMessage->Lines);
TexteHTML->ContentType = "text/html";
TexteHTML->CharSet = "utf-8"; // <-- here

> I though that it was related to the charset utf-8 in the html code.

It is.  But that is only half of it.

> But even if I replace it with ISO-8859-1, the result is the same. What can
> be the problem?

You are not setting the CharSet for the email text.

--
Remy Lebeau (Indy Team)