Re: Trouble sending mail through Exchange 2010 to outside domains

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Trouble sending mail through Exchange 2010 to outside domains
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau \(Indy Team\) (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011

"dkroll" <dkro…@commercialtax.com> wrote in message
news:7DAC426795E6E340dkro…@commercialtax.com...

> Using Delphi 2006 and Indy 10.  When using TidSMTP to send
> email through Exchange 2010, I can send to addresses inside of
> my domain, but when trying to send to an address outside my
> domain, I get the error
>
> "Project lsadmin.exe raised exception class EIdSMTPReplyError with message
> ''."
>
> This happens on Send(idMessage).

EIdSMTPReplyError means the SMTP server is sending back an error message.
My guess would be that Exchange is not configured to allow relaying to other
domains.  What does the actual SMTP commands/replies look like?  Use a
packet sniffer, such as Wireshark, or attch one of Indy's own TIdLog...
components to the TIdSMTP.Intercept property, to obtain that log.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)